Quick and easy meals like this broccoli and rice dish are a staple in my kitchen for the days when even the idea of cooking makes me tired.
Broccoli and Rice
Sesame seed oil
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup cooked rice
1-2 tsp. whole grain mustard
Fine sea salt
- Place a ten-inch stainless steel skillet over medium heat. Add just enough sesame seed oil to coat the bottom of the pan and add the broccoli and a pinch of salt. Stir and then leave the broccoli to char to your liking, at least three minutes.
- Add the rice, whole grain mustard, and more salt to taste. Stir until the rice is warmed through. Remove from the heat and enjoy!
- It’s best to use fresh broccoli for this recipe as opposed to frozen broccoli. Just store the rest in the fridge or freezer if you don’t think you are going to use it up within two or three days.
- Don’t stir the broccoli too often. The more you stir it the longer it will take to char.
- I use sesame seed oil as a type of seasoning in this recipe but you can use extra virgin olive oil if you don’t like or don’t have sesame seed oil.